gay dating site near midland Kināna About the AR-15 Rifle
South Laurel eskort sverige budapest escort pornstar The modern sporting rifle, based on the AR-15, often gets a bad rap. This is due to common misconceptions that have been ignorantly or malevolently been perpetuated by groups wishing to ban these rifles. These rifles may cosmetically look like military rifles, but they don’t function the same. These rifles are popular everywhere from California to Maine, from Montana to Florida (and don’t forget Texas).
http://umunohausa.org/58521-gay-online-dating-in-webb-city-mo-19509/ The following facts are intended to help you become an informed gun owner and correct these common misconceptions. Remember, that if AR-15-style modern sporting rifles are banned, your favorite traditional-looking hunting or target shooting semi-automatic firearm could also be banned.
- AR-15-platform rifles are one of the most popular firearms on the market. They are our modern sporting rifle.
- The AR in jalra 50mg “AR-15” rifle stands for singlar i södra åsarp Nantai ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” gay cruising oslo norske jenter har sex does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”
- AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic — a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.
- If someone calls an AR-15-style rifle an “assault weapon,” he or she either supports banning these firearms or does not understand their function and sporting use, or both. Please correct them. “Assault weapon” is a political term created by California anti-gun legislators to ban some semi-automatic rifles there in the 1980s.
- AR-15-style rifles look like military rifles, such as the M-16, but function like other semi-automatic civilian sporting firearms, firing only one round with each pull of the trigger.
- Versions of modern sporting rifles are legal to own in all 50 states, provided the purchaser passes the mandatory FBI background check required for all retail firearm purchasers.
- Since the 19th century, civilian sporting rifles have evolved from their military predecessors. The modern sporting rifle simply follows that tradition.
- These rifles’ accuracy, reliability, ruggedness and versatility serve target shooters and hunters well. They are true all-weather firearms.
- Chamberings include .22, .223 (5.56 x 45mm), 6.8 SPC, .308, .450 Bushmaster and about a dozen others. Upper receivers for pistol calibers such as 9 mm, .40, and .45 are available. There are even .410 shotgun versions.
- These rifles are used for many different types of hunting, from varmint to big game. And they’re used for target shooting in the national matches.
- AR-15-style rifles are no more powerful than other hunting rifles of the same caliber and in most cases are chambered in calibers less powerful than common big-game hunting cartridges like the 30-06 Springfield and .300 Win. Mag.
- The AR-15 platform is modular. Owners like being able to affix different “uppers” (the barrel and chamber) to the “lower” (the grip, stock).
- And, they are a lot of fun to shoot!
Shop our selection of armalite rifles. No tax when sold to states outside of Florida.